Total Mortgage Services, LLC., headquartered in Milford, CT, is seeking to hire a Spanish-speaking loan processor to join our team! While an experienced processor is ideal, we are willing to consider and train entry-level applicants for this role who also have a 4-year college degree from an accredited institution, or applicants with prior experience serving in the United States Armed Forces with Honorable Discharge and applicable training.
Total Mortgage Services Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
- This position is responsible for processing first mortgages in accordance with Total Mortgage standard turn times.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Serve as the lead client liaison & loan processor for loans written on behalf of Spanish-speaking customers
- Order and track all required documentation to assure processing and rate-lock timeframes are being met and updates system with statuses.
- Work with the borrower, loan officer and closing agent to resolve questions and/or problems immediately upon inquiry or receipt of documentation from the borrower/loan officer.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Submit fully processed files through automated underwriting system and submits to underwriting department for final decision/clear to close. Resolve issues and show ongoing improvement in reducing issues identified by underwriter.
- Verify product, rate and point structure according to borrower/loan officer/secondary specifications.
- Prepare, ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of commitment letters.
- Review appraisals, titles, and purchase and sales contracts as received, submit them to underwriting department if necessary, make all required calls, system updates and order any addenda required related to the review.
- Review loan for clear to close items and confirms the file is being submitted to the closing department accurately and within pre-specified time frames.
- Review and monitors pipeline reports on a daily and weekly basis, acting accordingly.
- Complete customer welcome calls to discuss the upcoming process and introduce the mortgage team
- Fluency in Spanish Required, including multiple dialects
- Strong customer service, communication, organization and problem resolution skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to meet established minimum daily expectations
- Uploading documents into Encompass
- Automated underwriting background and LP/DU, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years Loan Processing experience, completion of a 4-year college degree, or time-served in the United States Armed Forces with Honorable Discharge and applicable training.
- Familiarity with mortgage products and State and Federal regulatory guidelines.
Hours for position:
This position may require frequent additional hours, at times on a daily basis; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet borrower service level agreements.
Total Mortgage Services is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer